- SAFE TO USE - Low toxicity to Humans, Pets, and Aquatic life
- HIGH PERFORMANCE - Effective to -15F and Below
- SAFE TO USE ON NEW "GREEN" CONCRETE
- CONTAINS NO SALTS - Contains NO Chlorides
- LOW CORROSION TO CONCRETE & EXPOSED METALS
- MINIMIZES CHANCES OF CONCRETE SPALLING & EROSION
- BIODEGRADABLE - Will Not Harm Trees, Shrubs, or Other Vegetation When
- DUAL PURPOSE - Use Before or After Snow
- APPLY DURING SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN TO PREVENT BUILDUP
- MINIMIZES CHALKY TRACKED - IN RESIDUES
- LASTS LONGER - Requires fewer applications
- EASY TO HANDLE - Manageable Pellet-sized Granules
- ECONOMICAL Use Less Product per Sq. Ft. than Most Other Ice Melters on the Market
This non chloride de-icer is used where environmental issues exist and a safer ice & snow melter is required. "ENVIRO-MELT" is a blend of neutralized organic compounds and urea. Ingredients in this formula have been shown to be non-corrosive to concrete, metal, and other sensitive surfaces when used as directed. Outdoor steps, sidewalks, driveways and all other potentially slippery areas are made safer within minutes after application. "ENVIRO-MELT" pellets are at least 25% more effective than flakes, powders, or liquid ice melters. Concrete damage is caused by the buildup of water (melted ice) absorbed into the porous concrete, which then freezes and expands. This expansion within the concrete causes pressure to build up which eventually exceeds the limit the concrete is able to withstand. When the pressure becomes too great for the concrete, "spalling" (scaling) may occur. Ingredients in "ENVIRO-MELT" modifies the effects of nature's freezing weather and reduces the chances of outdoor surface damages that may otherwise occur. "ENVIRO-MELT" may reduce damage caused by the freeze/thaw cycle by keeping melted ice in a liquid state for a longer period of time. This allows more water to drain off the concrete or evaporate, with less water being absorbed into the concrete. This product is the ONLY environmental choice for safety and effectiveness when compared to sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium chloride and their blends - which may actually increase surface damage caused by the freezing process.
The effectiveness of this product in a particular application is dependent upon actual climactic and traffic conditions, rate of application, and other factors.
Applying any ice melting product to snow accumulations in excess of 2 inches is not recommended. "ENVIROMELT" should not be over-applied or left in piles on the application area since this overuse can accelerate the adverse effects of freezing weather on concrete. After ice and packed snow have melted after initial application, it is recommended to shovel off excess slush and water. A second application may be necessary to provide satisfaction. DO NOT use on chipped, cracked or broken concrete. DO NOT use on brick walks or exposed aggregate.
Use the following guide to achieve a wet, ice-free surface at various temperatures. These rates should be adjusted based on local conditions and experience. Over application may result in slippery conditions beyond the scope of weather conditions.
lbs/1000 sq. ft.
Package: 35 lbs./pail
(5 gallon bucket) 35 lb plastic pails